14.5 miles with a pub stop and steam train return
Contact us at email@example.com
This popular trip from Bridgnorth to Bewdley is a 14-mile paddle downstream. The group assembles at Severn Park, Bridgnorth at 10.15am where we will meet you. After a briefing about canoeing techniques and safety you start with a 6 mile paddle to Hampton Loade. At this point there is a possible stop for about an hour for an early lunch, (you can either purchase this at the pub or bring a picnic and eat outdoors).
In the afternoon you continue downstream to Arley. This is about 4.5 miles. This area is suitable for a short stop allowing for a stretch of the legs and, if required, refreshments purchased from the Post Office stores. Continuing downstream for 4 miles, the second afternoon stretch includes the rapids at Trimpley.
You arrive in Bewdley and from there your return journey is on the Severn Valley Steam Railway which transports you back to the train station at Bridgnorth. This is a 10 minute stroll from your start point. You usually get back to your car at approx 6pm.
- The price for this trip without steam train return is £30.00 for adults and £16.00 for children.
- £46 per adult and £28 per child with steam train return.
- Other return journey options are taxi or leaving a car at the end of the canoe trip. These worked well last year with the restrictions we were under and are a cheaper alternative.
- The price includes all your equipment, tuition and the option of a return ticket for the train.
- Book your trip at firstname.lastname@example.org